Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thoughts on "Why I can't eat a bacon, egg, and cheese every morning and be a size 2"

I didn't have a chance to make my 2 egg white scramble for breakfast the other morning, so I needed to grab some nosh in the cafeteria at work.

I got my two egg whites, a low-fat yogurt, and a black Starbucks coffee and then took my postion in line.

I knew the young woman in front of me, so when she semi-turned and saw me, we said our pleasantries. She's about 5'8" and super, DUPER skinny. I mean, probably a size 0, and my best guess. But God bless her. She can't help it if she's teeny tiny.

Then I noticed what she was waiting in line to pay for.

Two fried eggs on a bulkie roll with bacon and cheese.

What the hell??

Why does she get to stay a negative pants size and eat like a fuckin' lumber jack, and I have to eat like a sissy pants and I keep getting fatter? The WTF factor is through the goddammed ROOF on this one!

Not to be mean, but if you're very, very skinny and you can eat whatever you want and stay that way, without lifting a FINGER in the gym - then I'm sorry, I hate you.

I. Hate. You.

My only consolation is this: I was either a skinny person in a former life and I'm paying my dues now, OR, I WILL be a skinny person with a bionic metabolism in my NEXT life.

I just hope that fabulous metabolism isn't that of, like, a dung beetle.

1 comment:

Gal on the Go said...

Life just isn't fair. There, I said it.